Friday, March 11, 2011

Pro Photographer Showdown! Finalist!

Wow oh wow! I attended the OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown last year and thought maybe I could make it in the next 5 years or so, but I decided to go ahead and enter this year. A week later I got a phone call asking me to call them back. I thought, "oh no, I hope the slideshow format worked! I hope there wasn't a problem with the submission!" but no, it turns out they wanted to tell me I was chosen as a finalist! HIGH FIVE! I immediately called my boyfriend, my parents, and my brother to share the incredible news. I happened to be driving all day from Bellingham to Fernie so I then had lots of time to myself. 15 to 20 minutes later I was already getting nervous about standing up there, literally center stage, under the ring of screens. It is a CRAZY mix of nervous anxiety, major excitement, and supreme honor just to be a finalist and have the opportunity to show my photos at this event. SO AMAZING!

The official announcement from the Telus World Ski and Snowboard Festival was made yesterday. I am so excited to now share the news with everyone! See you in Whistler!!!

No comments: